Employment: Purchasing Associate – Full Time
Pay range: $17.00/hr – $19.00/hr, depending upon experience, skills, and knowledge. Benefits include health, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) plan, ten days of PTO, six paid holidays per year.
Location: Milton, VT
COMPASSION + VITALITY + DIRECTION
These are the values which define our mission at Champlain Valley Dispensary. We are seeking individuals with these core values to assist with the production side of Burlington’s only medical cannabis dispensary.
Champlain Valley Dispensary (CVD) is seeking a full-time Purchasing Associate.
This position identifies and negotiates with suppliers. Coordinates all purchasing functions including oversight of purchase order process, and purchasing reconciliations.
The ideal candidate is someone who wants to contribute to the success of a company who is an industry leader and known for setting the the bar high! We’re looking for someone who will excel as a team member in a fast-paced, non-stop environment, within a tightly controlled, state regulated system.
Summary of duties
- Identifies the most appropriate supplier for products, determines availability of needed product. Negotiates pricing and performs comparative pricing. Confirms vendor’s payment terms. Confirms the quality of products and establishes delivery requirements.
- Performs purchasing functions including issuing purchase orders, verifies receipt of and price of products, and performs reconciliations.
- Identifies and resolves issues related to product quality, pricing and delivery.
- Develops and maintains an efficient and accurate system for monitoring all open purchase orders.
- Creates and delivers a weekly closed purchase order report to management that includes all necessary information, including vendor invoice numbers.
- Researches, develops, and maintains up-to-date documentation of all purchasing related processes and procedures.
Minimum required qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus one to two years of applicable experience.
- Knowledge of processes, controls or other techniques to maximize the effective purchase and distribution of goods, including working knowledge of the materials being purchased.
- Ability to plan, and coordinate resources.
- Knowledge of basic business math skills, including proficiency with Excel or similar spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to learn and effectively use proprietary purchasing, accounting or other platform systems.
- Active listening skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective time management skills, and ability to self motivate, plan workload and work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with teams and management, to ensure efficient and accurate work output.
- Critical thinking skills (using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of situations or problems).
- Must successfully complete a criminal record check with the Vermont Crime Information Center.