IT Support Technician, part-time position, 10hrs/week
Pay rate: Up to $24.74/hr depending upon experience, skills, and knowledge. Benefits include 401(k) plan and paid time off (PTO)
Location: Milton, VT (Production facility)
Posting Deadline: April 22, 2019
Champlain Valley Dispensary, Inc. is seeking an experienced individual to take on a technical operations role responsible for creating and supporting our technological systems, on-site and through cloud-based hosting environments.
The ideal candidate is someone who wants to contribute to the success of a company who is an industry leader and known for setting the bar high! We’re looking for a motivated individual who will excel as a team member in a fast-paced, non-stop environment, and will help us grow our amazing company culture!
Summary of Duties
- Assessment of needs/usage: Assesses current usage and recommends and tools for storing and sharing information, best practices, and ways to improve efficiencies.
- Designs, implements, troubleshoots and maintains server / desktop / network and cloud-based technology solutions for multiple locations, including remote usage.
- Troubleshoots and resolves user problem with hardware, operating system, application software and internet connectivity. Configures firewalls and sets up secure remote access to company networks.
- Updates and maintains computers and printers with current operating systems; performs updates for existing software and applications; ensure password consistency and renewal.
- Manages mobile devices including security.
- Ensures the confidentiality of sensitive and protected information.
- Trains existing and new employees on software systems.
- Oversees and manages the technical aspects of security systems and telephone systems.
- Creates technical documentation.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study, plus three years of similar or related experience.
- Knowledge of computers and electronics including processors, equipment, hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, witching, control and operation of telecommunications systems.
- Knowledge of principles of providing customer services including needs assessment, meeting quality standards and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of application of technology, including principles, techniques, procedures and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Must successfully complete a criminal record check with the Vermont Crime Information Center.
Apply Today: IT Support Technician
Please apply online with a resume and a letter explaining your interest or send your resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com. CVD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.