The Shipping & Receiving Assistant will work with a variety of finished products, including flower, oils, tinctures and edibles. Attention to detail is extremely important. The ideal candidate is someone who wants to contribute to the success of a company who is an industry leader and known for setting the the bar high! We’re looking for someone who will excel as a team member in a fast-paced, non-stop environment, within a tightly controlled, state regulated system.
At all times the work will be performed following company sanitation guidelines, including the proper use of sanitary/protective gloves, hair/bear nets, work-specific footwear, and scrubs.
- Receive and sort inbound shipments of product from internal departments and external vendors.
- Store product in properly designated areas within the Inventory department.
- Rework externally shipped products; this can include re-packaging.
- Identify variances between purchase order and actual receiving slip.
- Pack products based on retail, wholesale and home delivery orders: package variety of products into assigned increments, using corresponding transport containers.
- Ongoing communication with Inventory Manager and Dispensary Managers for order maintenance and adjustments.
- Prepare each finished order for transport with correct tracking and travel documentation
- Record all transactions on company database program.
- Employees must walk and stand on a concrete floor for long hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Employees will be expected to work overtime as needed which may include weekends.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Self-directed, organized, and detail-oriented; able to work efficiently and accurately.
- Flexible, collaborative, team-oriented with good communication and time management skills.
- We want a motivated individual who is willing to roll-up his/her sleeves and put in the work until the job is done!
- Candidates must successfully complete a criminal record check with the Vermont Crime Information Center.
- Experience in medical cannabis industry or other alternative healthcare organizations is highly desirable.