Employment: Senior Manager of Cultivation
Senior Manager of Cultivation, full-time position. Benefits include health, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) plan, ten days of PTO, six paid holidays per year.
COMPASSION + VITALITY + DIRECTION
These are the values which define our non-profit mission at Champlain Valley Dispensary. We are seeking individuals with these core values to assist with the production side of Burlington’s only medical cannabis dispensary.
Champlain Valley Dispensary (CVD) is seeking a full-time Senior Manager of Cultivation.
This position determines scientific and technical goals and methodologies to meet company goals; develops detailed plans to accomplish these goals using industry best practices. Leads the cultivation team members to ensure a cohesive and goal-driven team.
The ideal candidate is someone who wants to contribute to the success of a company who is an industry leader and known for setting the the bar high! We’re looking for someone who will excel as a team member in a fast-paced, non-stop environment, within a tightly controlled, state regulated system.
Summary of Duties
- Conducts experiments to develop new or improved varieties of crops, focusing on characteristics such as increased yield, quality, disease resistance, or adaptation to specific soils or climates. Reports results and findings to top management.
- Develops new or improved methods or products for controlling or eliminating crop diseases or insect pests.
- Identifies, assesses and incorporates opportunities for improvement based on industry and scientific trends and data. Establishes metrics and strategic goals for the cultivation department that align with the overall business strategy.
- Implements and modifies cultivation standard operating procedures (SOPs). Adheres to industry and regulatory waste disposal standards.
- Responsible for adhering to cultivation department budget; controls costs and ensure cultivation operations remain within budgetary guidelines.
- Responsible for a medium sized commercial cultivation operation in two locations, maximizes yield of existing cultivation operation.
- Develops and executes a plan for existing and future infrastructure, including environmental controls. Partners with vendors to determine appropriate equipment to meet cultivation demands.
- Manages a staff of 5 to 10 cultivators. Responsible for hiring, scheduling employees’ work efforts, training, and evaluating employees. Responsible for coaching, counseling and managing employees’ performance, including corrective actions. Recommends employee pay changes and advancements.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, plus 5 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of plant organisms, their tissues, cells, functions, interdependencies and interactions with each other and the environment.
- Knowledge of chemical composition, structure and properties of substances and the processes/transformations they undergo; including use of chemicals, their interactions, danger signs, production techniques and disposal methods.
- Knowledge of business principles including planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles of production processes, quality control, and cost control to maximize production.
- Ability to identify, understand, analyze and solve complex problems;
- Ability to keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to the job.
- Strong deductive and inductive reasoning (ability to apply rules to specific problems, or to combine pieces of information to form general rules).
- Critical thinking skills, strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in Macintosh software, Microsoft Office, and ability to learn new software systems that are specific to the industry.
- Must successfully complete a criminal record check with the Vermont Crime Information Center.