Purchasing and Accounting Associate – Full Time
COMPASSION + VITALITY + DIRECTION These are the values which define our non-profit mission at Champlain Valley Dispensary. We are seeking an experienced individual with these core values to assist with daily operations of Brattleboro’s only medical cannabis dispensary.
Overview Champlain Valley Dispensary (CVD) is searching for an experienced, reliable, and task oriented Purchasing and Accounting Associate, who has an ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, has strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to maintain a balance among multiple priorities. This position will report to the CVD Controller and will support the accounting department in the posting and reconciliation of GL accounts. The position will also be involved with purchasing and vendor relations. The ideal candidate is highly self motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join vastly growing company and new developing industry.
Essential Functions: Purchasing
- Act as the purchasing agent for the organization.
- Communicate with inventory and distribution on stock levels and prepare reorders.
- Ensure stock orders are delivered timely, verify deliveries via receiving slips.
- Maintain vendor database.
- Cultivate relationships with vendors to achieve optimum pricing and order quantities.
- Effectively communicate with inventory, distribution and retail locations on discontinued stock items as well as new product offerings.
- Generate and track purchase orders. Maintain purchase order system.
- Cultivate and maintain vendor relationships.
Essential Functions: Accounting
- Enter all accounts payable, match receiving slip to purchase order prior.
- Maintain accounts payable sub ledger, reconcile sub ledger to general ledger.
- Actively manage accounts payable aging report. Communicate with accounting team on past due accounts. Endure vendors are paid timely.
- Enter and reconcile credit cards payable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Five or more years combined work experience in procurement and accounting.
- Experience working in QuickBooks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and anticipatory skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
- Must be able to work successfully in a team environment, build effective working relationship inside and outside the company.
- Must be able to make independent decisions and to juggle multiple priorities at once.
- Must be assertive and have high level of integrity.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Apple OS 10+, and the ability to learn new software systems that are specific to the industry.
- Must successfully complete a criminal record check with the Vermont Crime Information Center.
Apply Today: Purchasing and Accounting Associate
Please apply with the form below or send your resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com. CVD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.