Employment: Facilities Assistant
Facilities Assistant, part-time position (20 hours/week), $12.00/hr. Benefits include 401(k) plan, paid time off.
COMPASSION + VITALITY + DIRECTION
These are the values which define our mission at Champlain Valley Dispensary. We are seeking individuals with these core values to assist with the production side of Burlington’s only medical cannabis dispensary.
Champlain Valley Dispensary (CVD) is seeking a part-time Facilities Assistant.
This position is responsible for the day to day custodial and light-maintenance duties at any CVD facilities, as required/assigned.
The ideal candidate is someone who wants to contribute to the success of a company who is an industry leader and known for setting the the bar high! We’re looking for someone who will excel as a team member in a fast-paced, non-stop environment, within a tightly controlled, state regulated system.
Summary of Duties:
- Light Maintenance: Performs light maintenance of buildings and grounds including replacing ceiling tiles, filters, light-bulbs, patching, painting, repairs to bathroom fixtures, and similar type of work. Ensures entrance areas are safe, clean and free from ice/snow. Maintains/installs signage as requested. Sets up and breaks-down rooms as directed.
- Safety duties: Inspects and maintains safety equipment such as eye-wash stations, fire-extinguishers, and similar equipment; reports any concerns or issues to appropriate manager.
- Custodial duties: Cleans and maintains floor surfaces, including sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and vacuuming. Cleans and monitors cleanliness of facilities restrooms; stocks and replenishes paper products. Dusts furniture, fixtures and woodwork; empties trash and recycling receptacles; washes windows; collects laundry for pick up, and distributes when delivered.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent, plus some similar or related work experience.
- Ability to provide customer and personal services including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to follow instructions and directives, and follow through as necessary.
- Ability to drive trucks or other necessary vehicles to transport materials or equipment to work sites.
- Must successfully complete a criminal record check with the Vermont Crime Information Center.