Employment: CVD Dispensary Supervisor – Middlebury
Dispensary Supervisor full-time position at CVD Middlebury satellite location. $15.00/hr plus benefits. Benefits include health, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) plan, ten days of PTO, six paid holidays per year.
COMPASSION + VITALITY + DIRECTION
These are the values which define our non-profit mission at Champlain Valley Dispensary. We are seeking an experienced individual with these core values to assist with daily operations of Burlington’s only medical cannabis dispensary.
Champlain Valley Dispensary (CVD) is seeking a full-time Supervisor for its satellite location in Middlebury. This position is responsible for ensuring that Sales Associates are maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Provides a positive, friendly and safe environment for the patient at every stage of the appointment and maintains solid product knowledge about both CVD inventory and relevant trends in the industry.
The ideal candidate is someone who wants to contribute to the success of a company who is an industry leader and known for setting the the bar high! We’re looking for someone who will excel as a team member in a fast-paced, non-stop environment, within a tightly controlled, state regulated system. We want a motivated individual who is willing to roll-up their sleeves until the job is done!
- Adhere to the highest customer service standards with patients at all times. Promote an environment focused on patient service, education and safety.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Perceive and meet the needs of both patients and coworkers without directions.
- Maintain organization, patience and flexibility in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Maintain knowledge about strains, genetics, cannabinoid profiles and ratios, clone cultivation techniques, the effects of cannabis and the variances in these effects based on method of consumption.
- Educate patients about the most efficient use of water pipes, vaporizers and other equipment for the purpose of smoking or other methods of cannabis inhalation.
- Provide direct service to customers, including financial transactions, proper entry into database, monitoring of product sold, and labeling purchased product.
- Dispense medicine accurately and efficiently through the combined use of innate math skills and of the point of Sale (POS) system and cash register.
- Open and close the dispensary: responsible for the alarm system, reconciling the register and tracking inventory for each shift.
- Receive transfers of inventory into both the Point Of Sale system and the physical count; work with inventory manager to resolve any discrepancies. Confirm that the physical packages match the digital transfer sheet and that packages are stored according to FIFO.
- Oversee Sales Associates in compliance and professionalism.
- Ensure that staff checks the database for pending appointments, checking for current IDs and product limits.
- Check waitlist and product hold list to ensure the Dispensary has product in stock requested for patient appointments through the next day.
- Help to answer phone calls and return voicemails.
- Print out daily strain menu.
- Help maintain current stock of member handbooks, intake forms, and promotional and educational items.
- Maintain cleanliness of dispensary through regular dusting, glass cleaning, vacuuming, sweeping, and other company sanitation protocols.
- Attend weekly department meetings.
- Ensure the Dispensary staff follow the Vermont State Medical Marijuana Program guidelines.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two or more years of retail supervisory experience.
- Retail, cash handling and Point of Sales (POS) experience.
- Strong experience in providing customer service.
- Ability to maintain a high level of organization, patience and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Must be self-directed and detail-oriented with strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Must be collaborative, team-oriented with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work effectively with all levels of management.
- Proficiency in Apple OS 10+, and the ability to learn new software systems that are specific to the industry.
- Must successfully complete a criminal record check with the Vermont Crime Information Center.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience in hemp or medical cannabis industry or other alternative healthcare organizations.
- Experience in healthcare or social work.