Champlain Valley Dispensary (CVD) is seeking a full time Dispensary Manager. This position will manage the operations of the Burlington dispensary, Ceres Natural Remedies shop for non-medicated products, and the home delivery program. This includes staff supervision, customer service, inventory, security, and compliance.
The ideal candidate is someone who wants to contribute to the success of a company who is an industry leader and known for setting the the bar high! We’re looking for someone who will excel as a team member in a fast-paced, non-stop environment, within a tightly controlled, state regulated system.
- Ensure maximum profitability and sales growth in all store functions by managing budgets, including deposits, accounts receivable, and profit and loss.
- Seek out new and innovative ways to increase business; create sales strategies to bring new patients to the Dispensary. Motivate staff to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Support dispensary public relations and community outreach.
- Utilize information technology and management information tools to analyze financial reports and identify and address trends and issues in dispensary performance.
- Understand the success of promotions and incentives and recommend future promotions to increase sales.
- Train and educate dispensary team to increase knowledge and create an environment focused on customer service, education and safety.
- Communicate openly to create a fair and team-oriented environment.
- Maintain strict company controls over inventory and other dispensary assets.
- Maintain a high level of organization, patience and flexibility in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Ideally, has cannabis industry experience and is fluent in the language of cannabis genetics, cannabinoid profiles and the different methods of cannabis consumption.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 or more years of retail management experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Macintosh software, social media outlets and the ability to learn new software systems that are specific to the industry.
- Self directed, organized and detail-oriented with strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Experience in healthcare services or social work is highly desired.
- Must successfully complete a criminal record check with the Vermont Crime Information Center.